Angkitja Wall Calendar 2018
Make 4 interest-free payments of $6.25 fortnightly and receive your order now.
Notify me when back in stock
2018 Angkitja Wall Calendar
Angkitja (Ngn-ket-cha) is the Eastern, Central & Western Arrernte word for 'keeping information safe for the future' - keep culture safe, keeping language safe.
Cover Artwork - Home of the Seven Sisters (2017) - Women's Collaborative
The Institute for Aboriginal Development (IAD) is committed to the promotion of cultural authority and recognition, and as IAD and IAD Press are situated on the banks of the Todd River in the heart of Arrernte country, the Board and their Elders believe that appropriate recognition and deference be given to the people on whose land IAD stands on by changing the imprint to 'Angkitja Books'
In this age when Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and culture are so much under threat, it is appropriate to name the publishing label after a word that means keeping safe - keeping culture safe, keeping language safe. To Warlpiri, Luritja, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunitjatjara friends - thank you for allowing the use of your language for so many years and pay homage to the Elders both past and present who have allowed this.
Designed and published in the heart of Australia, Alice Springs, by IAD Press - the publishing unit of the Institute for Aboriginal Development.
* 12 high quality glossy full-colour reproductions celebrating the country and culture of Central Australia
* National public holidays for Australia, United Kingdom, France, Germany and USA
* Annual seasons according to the Central Arrernte people of Mparntwe (Alice Springs)
* Enhanced contact page for the featured art centres
* Map locating the art centres overlaid with language areas of Central Australia
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Connolly Family Trust trading as DREAMTIME KULLILLA-ART users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.